• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I apply batch saturation adjustments to images that have already been individually corrected?

New Here ,
Mar 14, 2022 Mar 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Context I am a school portrait photographer who shoots, edits and prints all of my own photos.

So I have a folder of 1,000+ portrait images. I have corrected them in Lightroom Classic and after beginning to print them I have noticed they are all consistently, slightly too saturated. Is there a way I can remove the same value of saturation (for example -3) to all images - even though they all currently now have slightly different saturation values after their initial edits.

The conventional way of syncing settings across all images won't work as it just increases or decreases images back to a common numerical value, and then gives different results as it also changes exposure, contrast etc. 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 14, 2022 Mar 14, 2022

Go to Library GRID view and select the images.

Hold Option key and Saturation will show up in the Quick Develop Window.

Hold Shift and Option and click the single little left pointer and the Saturation will be reduced for all images by relative -2.  Without holding shift it is reduced by -5.

If you really need -3 you could do a -5 then a plus 2 on Saturation.  

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Mar 14, 2022 Mar 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Go to Library GRID view and select the images.

Hold Option key and Saturation will show up in the Quick Develop Window.

Hold Shift and Option and click the single little left pointer and the Saturation will be reduced for all images by relative -2.  Without holding shift it is reduced by -5.

If you really need -3 you could do a -5 then a plus 2 on Saturation.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines