• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I change the size of the Lightroom window?

Explorer ,
Jan 08, 2018 Jan 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed the new version of Lightroom Classic on my iMac, running OS 10.13.1

Suddenly the LR window is huge and unwieldy. Is there any way to resize it to make it smaller?

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure the same way you would resize any window on a Mac, or even on a Windows computer.

First make sure it is not Full Screen (Not sure on a Mac) then once it is a window place the mouse pointer, cursor, over an edge or corner then Click/Hold and Drag to a smaller size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2023 Sep 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an obvious answer that does not apply to this problem because it does not include all the steps to fix the problem stated. Perhaps one should refrain from answering questions about platforms and OS that one does not utilize in order to avoid adding useless information for those of us who are looking for pertinent information to actually solve the problem that is specified. Good day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may have to press F or Shift-F once or twice first before you can drag a corner of the window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2019 Jun 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU! I have been trying for ages so I can watch a show in the corner while I edit, lol!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2022 Jun 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SAME!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2024 Jan 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That worked. What a nighmare.. Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2019 Dec 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me too.  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2022 Nov 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You saved me from after having 2 days of frustration! Thank you, Thank you and THANK YOU!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2018 Oct 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really hope you’ve worked this out by now, but for the benefit of anyone that has found this thread, searching for an answer, here’s what worked for me.

I’ll assume that you know how to grab and drag the edge of your window to reduce the size of it, but you’ve accidentally got yourself into a screen mode that won’t let you do that…

Keyboard Shortcut:

⌥⌘F (Which translates to Option+Command+F on a Mac, or Alt+Control+F on a PC)

Or from the Lightroom menu at the top of the screen:

Window>Screen Mode>Normal

Hope that helps – Trevor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lovecross, is this thread fo real? Cracking up here. I have been stuck for a few days trying to live with my fumble. Then I googled how to solve this issue only finding old material and then the ridiculous suggestions to drag and size your screen, only to see this post from you an hour old. This works perfectly now! Thank you for letting me know!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to have helped. It’s easy when you know how. lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 23, 2019 Sep 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2019 Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much for this.  It's been a real problem since installing the new version.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2022 Nov 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had same issue.  Go to Help > type "Minimize" > Screen Mode > Normal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 06, 2022 Nov 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are also a multitude of options from the main menu bar > Window.

This can help those, like me, born in the early 1940's and memory recall is not the sharpest.

Screenshot 2022-11-06 at 9.16.17 AM.png

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines