• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I control the direction of sync between LR Ecosystem and LR Classic?

Explorer ,
May 31, 2022 May 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use LR Classic as my main app for managing my photos. However, I want to use the camera on my iPhone for various reasons and I want to then sync those photos nto my catalog, to merge with photos taken on my DSLR, or using the LR app on my iPhone.

I am using the latest versions of LR Classic and CC.

When I go into Preferences in LR and look at the Lightroom Sync tab, it shows 27 folders it is trying to upload from Classic to CC. I don't want it to do that. (And why those folders? I have many more folders than that, so why are the others not listed?)

The uploads seem to be stopping the downloads, as nothing is happening. I have been getting a message saying 27 items are syncing for months, and I've only just realsied what is happening!

Can I stop the upward sync, and just have the downward sync?

Thanks.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 31, 2022 May 31, 2022

Lightroom Classic will only synchronize images that are in regular collections (NOT smart collections), and then only collections that you have marked to be synchronized. This is the mark that you must check in order for that collection to be synchronized. You can only synchronize collections from a single catalog.

Screenshot 2022-05-31 120255.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic only syncs to the cloud what you tell it to sync, so you did this somehow. It does not sync folders, it syncs collections. Remove those images from 'All Synced Photographs' to stop it. Lightroom Classic downloads everything from the cloud. That is something you cannot change.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Johan.

However, I don't see a folder or a link in the navigation bar that says 'All Synced Photographs'. How do I access that to remove the photos from there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not a folder, it's a collection that Lightroom automatically creates. It should be in the top panel, next to the 'All Photographs' and other collections like that.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm. I don't see a Collections line on the top panel. I have All Photos, Recently Added, Recent Edits, By Date, People, Connections and Deleted. Below them there are two tabs for Albums and Shared.

I'm using version 5.3 and I am not getting any notifications that there is an upgrade available. And I don't see an option on the View menu that looks like it would add Collections to the panel.

Am I configured wrongly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We assumed you were referring to Lightroom Classic. But it appears you are referring to Lightroom (the cloud version), and that is something entirely different. Lightroom 5.3 shares everything with connected/synchronized devices. I'm not as familiar with Lightroom 5.3, so someone else will have to advise you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Lightroom 5.3 (the cloudy version) should show you exactly the same thing as what your phone shows you as long as you are logged onto the same account. The sync status in Lightroom Cloudy is shown by the little cloud icon at the top right. Click it and it gives an overview. It does not have a "lightroom sync" preferences panel as everything is always synced in Lighroom Cloudy contrary to Lightroom Classic where only those files and collections that you mark to sync are synced.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic will only synchronize images that are in regular collections (NOT smart collections), and then only collections that you have marked to be synchronized. This is the mark that you must check in order for that collection to be synchronized. You can only synchronize collections from a single catalog.

Screenshot 2022-05-31 120255.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it!

Many thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines