How do I delete lightroom from a crashed computer that does not exist anymore?

New Here ,
Mar 30, 2022 Mar 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I delete an activated license from a computer that does not exist anymore? I had to take my hard drives out from my computer (I could save them) that literally died on me, but when plugging them into my new setup, the computer did not recognise them and I had to reinstall everything. Including Lightroom. Now the app tells me that I won't be able to use it anymore in 7 days if I do not enter a new license because the one I own is installed on too many computers (though it is technically installed on the same harddrive it had been installed before). Adobe is no help at all because you have no direct support whatsoever in Germany as a single person and I cannot delete a license via the Creative Cloud, for which I thought this programme would be useful, but it is not - or at least I have not found the option within the programme anywhere. Oh, I work on a windows computer, Win10 with Lightroom Classic (6).

So what am I supposed to do? Does anyone have any idea?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Normally the quickest way is to just go through Adobe chat for help: Contact Customer Care (adobe.com)

Or tryign the regional customer support as a backup:  (+49) 0800 752 2581

Neither of these options allowed you to reset the liscence count?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Lr6 can only be Activated/ Deactivated, and 'Activations' RESET by either-

1) Chat to a sympathetic Support staff member,

CONTACT ADOBE SUPPORT from this Chat link: 

Be Signed-In here with your Adobe ID and allow cookies in your web browser.

Online Chat: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen

Ask only for ACTIVATION RESET of Lr6. (Do NOT ask for 'Support' -you will be referred back to the forums!)

2) Or send a Private Message to Careeesa as instructed in the 'Correct Answer' for this forum thread.
v6 ACTIVATION RESET
Lightroom-(Perpetual) is now at Version 11.2 -  known as Lightroom-Classic, many advanced features and improved editing added since v6.

Available by subscription- $9.99 PHOTOGRAPHY PLAN (USA) 

Regards. My System: Lr-Classic 11.3, Photoshop 23.3, ACR 14.3, Lightroom 5.3, Lr-iOS 7.0.2, Bridge 12.0.1, Windows-10.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines