• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do i delete photos on one device but make sure they are not deleted on other devices?

New Here ,
Jan 22, 2021 Jan 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, i use to use Lightroom on my iPhone however I recently got Lightroom Classic on my laptop. (Yes both are using the same Adobe account)

I somehow synced all of my photos from lightroom on my phone to lightroom classic on my laptop. I have 4000+ photos which i dont need on my laptop. 

Is there a way to delete these photos from my laptop but keep them on my phone?

Thanks in advance...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

That images that are synced from Lightroom mobile to Lightroom Classic are previews of original images, and you can remove them by right-clicking on the collection and choosing delete as shown below:

Screenshot at Jan 23 03-11-58.png

Make sure to check uncheck the option to leave images in Lightroom Classic as shown in the image below:
Screenshot at Jan 23 03-13-16.png

Also, please make sure that you have all your images locally saved on your phone or on a hard-drive just incase.

Let us know how it goes.
Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, so I am not sure if I agree with Sahil, if you sync image files from your iPhone to your storage in your Creative cloud storage original file will be uploaded to your Cloud storage. If you have Lightroom Classic on your laptop a copy of the original will be synced to your laptop. Any changes made on either device will be synced with all devices signed in to your account.

I have mentioned your account since your license is a single user license.

If you do not wish original images on your laptop you can use the Lightroom (cloud-based) app on your laptop then all originals can reside in cloud storage.

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/lightroom-cc-vs-classic-features/

Have a look at the link above.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines