• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I force LR Classic to sync photos on external drive?

New Here ,
Feb 23, 2023 Feb 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I force LR Classic to sync a bunch of photos from my external drive?

I use both LR Classic (12.2) and LR CC depending on workflow across a laptop/iPad, so sync is very important to me. However LR Classic will only sync 153 of 3337 photos in my library. These photos are stored on an external drive, and when the drive is connected I can access and edit all my photos with no issues in LR CC. However since they don't sync, I can't edit the same photos (except the 153 which did sync) in LR CC/LR iPad. LR Classic shows a sync completed green tick.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 24, 2023 Feb 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic syncs only those images that are added to a synced collection. If you add an image to a synced collection then that image will sync, regardless of the folder location of that image.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 24, 2023 Feb 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It takes a finite time to sync. You need to leave the drive connected. 

On trick that can help force sync is to make a minor change to all the photos. e.g. add +1 contrast or texture or a setting that's unlikely to make a big difference. You'll need to leave it all running until the sync completes.

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines