• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How Do I Overide the "Already Imported" flag?

New Here ,
Feb 06, 2022 Feb 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An ill fate"behind the scenes" manual intervention that I performed - appears to have confused Lightroom.  The pictures are NOT in library ... yet, it will not allow a "do over" because Lightroom recognizes them as already having been added.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 06, 2022 Feb 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting the preferences of Lightroom Classic:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/setting-preferences-lightroom.html 

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

Backup your preferences prior to resetting the preferences:   

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/preference-file-and-other-file-locations.html 

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 07, 2022 Feb 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

By what particular steps have you concluded that these photos are definitely NOT in your library? (perhaps, remaining in a former location or on a different drive volume, other than the one you are expecting)

In logic there has to be some trace remaining in the Catalog of these pictures as previously imported, otherwise there would be nothing there for an attempt at a second "do over" import to conflict with.

So, to set folder location and  file naming aside for the moment, e.g. if you take one of these problem images and find out its date of capture - then make a new Smart Collection which selects for images taken only on that particular date, does that make this image show up?

If so, you can right-click and choose "Go to Folder in Library" to expose what is going on so far as the Catalog. That will work even when the folder this references, is no longer reachable at that same prior physical address (due to some file or folder renaming or reorganisation, and/or a change of connection status or drive-letter / name of some external storage, a change in network storage addressing, or access permissions, or whatever).

In this case the image will still have its thumbnail, and it will still have all its edits History and Collection memberships etc, only it currently lacks the right information to navigate to wherever its physical source file now lives. That is what needs fixing, if you want to keep the work you have already done.

And this is nearly always the best answer, and in fact less work overall, than the "do over" option.

If you don't want to keep that work, a pre-requisite for any new importing of these same images, will be either to first remove all trace of their earlier importation, or else to begin again in another (new) Catalog which lacks all such trace.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines