• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I recreate dng files after they were deleted?

New Here ,
Jun 18, 2022 Jun 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi...  I erroneously deleted my dng files before I exported my photos to my drive and now they are not found... is there a way to export them in any way?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deleted images should be found in the trash on your computer. You can restore them from the trash, and that will return them to the folder where they were located. However, it will be necessary for you to import them into Lghtroom again and perform all of the editing because when you delete them from Lightroom there is no longer a record of any of the work in the catalog. It will be necessary for you to do all the work again. Of course, if you have emptied the trash then the DNG files will be gone and there will be nothing for you to recover.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See my reply in your other post, but if ALL original files are no longer available anywhere (including Trash and backups) then you can only create smaller JPGs by using a plugin to 'export' the previews.

Extract JPGs from Previews Plugin

EXTRACT JPGs FROM PREVIEWS

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hopefully, you can find them using Time Machine IF you had that setup and the drive with the DNG's was setup for it. Or you had a backup. Otherwise, you're SOL.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines