• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I retain Lumix G8 custom settings in LRC?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2021 Jun 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Lumix GX8 and I shot a bunch of pictures using one of the built-in custom filters tonight. When I impoort the photo into LRC, the thumbnail displays the photo as shot with the custom settings. But as soon as I take it into develop in LRC, I lose all those custom settings. How do I get them back?

Doug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 22, 2021 Jun 22, 2021

Most custom filters from most cameras can only be applied on import to JPEG images. There is a process for establishing YOUR default settings for certain settings for raw images, but that does not include custom filters. The reason the custom filter displays when the image is first imported is because Lightroom first displays the JPEG image, which will contain the custom filter, while it builds a preview of the raw image. It is vital to the outcome of the photograph that you use that custom filt

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jun 22, 2021 Jun 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Most custom filters from most cameras can only be applied on import to JPEG images. There is a process for establishing YOUR default settings for certain settings for raw images, but that does not include custom filters. The reason the custom filter displays when the image is first imported is because Lightroom first displays the JPEG image, which will contain the custom filter, while it builds a preview of the raw image. It is vital to the outcome of the photograph that you use that custom filter then you would be wise to choose the JPEG format for the shoot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines