• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I roll back to previous export for a batch/whole catalog of synced photos?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2022 Oct 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I edited a wedding and exported them in color, then changed them to black and white, synced them all, and, exported them again.  A week later, I realized my exports were only set on medium-high quality. I need to roll back to the first export.  Can I do this as a whole batch or do I have to do all 1050 photos one at a time in the history panel?  I hope not, I edited 3 weddings like this. Ugh! 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you backed up the catalog file before changing to black and white, then that's what you would use. Otherwise, I think you have to undo the editing one photo at a time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the future, consider the use of virtual copy's, and exporting to modified file names.

hmm, so edited for color first, then did you add additional edits to go B&W? And as such, the history includes all those edits all the way to B&W? If so, consider creating Virtual copy's of the current state (B&W), then edit the non virtual ones as to remove the steps at the top of the history that converted them to B$W. Simply (unfortunately one at a time I suspect) Click on the history state before the conversion to B&W and forget (clear) the steps above. Do not have any form of sync set. Do not have any of the virtual copy's selected. Test first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just a thought- Not knowing -'How you edited in B&W' is it possible that you could-

InGrid View, Select all, Press keyboard [V] ?  [V] toggles Color<>B&W.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines