• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I safely transfer my Lr catalog on a failing hd to a new Mac?

New Here ,
Mar 27, 2022 Mar 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need help here! My Mac is failing and my bu timemachine hard drive apparently failed as well. I am getting a report if any data can be recovered on that. I am going to attempt to get as much data off my Mac before it fails completely. I am concerend about my Lrcat in my downloads to be saved, Lr is backed up, raw files are safe but I am needing to transfer to a new Mac asap. Do I need my Lrcat in downloads to see all my edits on my files? What if my Mac fails and I cannot retreive the catalog? If my Mac fires up what should I do to save all my edits and files? 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 27, 2022 Mar 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm not sure what you mean with "my Lrcat in my downloads", but what you need to do is copy the Lightroom Catalog.lrcat file to the new Mac asap. That is where all your edits are stored, so you'll want to save it while you still can. The default location of your catalog is in a 'Lightroom' folder inside your Pictures folder.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines