• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I set Web Gallery Image Size

Explorer ,
Jan 23, 2019 Jan 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a real hard time trying to figure out how to set the image size when exporting a web gallery.   By size I mean the dimension in pixels of the 'large' images.

It seems to be preset to 1200 pixels on the long edge which is fairly low, Id like to use 2000 or so to at least fit an iPad or a reasonable 21" monitor say, if not a 4k big screen!

When exporting jpeg (for printing or sharing whatever) there is a section in the export settings dialog where you can specify, inter alia, the pixel dimensions.  I cant find the equivalent for web gallery.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you asking about the Lightroom.adobe website used with Synced images from LR Classic and LR CC Mobile systems?

If you are all those images are Smart Previews.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using desktop LR Classic CC v8.1

I'm exporting a Web Gallery for upload to a web site.

The images in the ..../images/large  folder have the long edge dimension set to 1200 pixels.

I'd like to change that to 2000, say. 

(This is not syncing between Desktop and mobile, its exporting web gallery folder for uplaod (assets and images sub folder).

As I mentioned theres a section of the image export (from Library) settings dialog that includes specification of the max dimensions; I don't see that in the Web export settings.

1200 is on the low side given common display devices like iPads and fairly common monitors that have at least 1920 x 1200 say.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then that is a setting in the Export Dialog.

After looking through the export presets on my system, and looking through all the menu Export options, I don't have any for a Web Gallery.

So what exact preset have you installed that is giving you that option?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the dialog I get using  File/Export when viewing the collection in Library mode.

Screenshot - d7befb00907c865f18cd8e1ba1d24483 - Gyazo

That preset is just what I saved after I changed the default settings to set the image sizing etc. 

When I click the Export... button in Web Gallery mode, there is no settings dialog.  Just the file selector box.

All I seem to have for settings is whats on the main Web screen.  The quality setting affects the file size but not the pixel dimensions.

Screenshot - d871bafe33feb4a181c2c45e152124da - Gyazo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK Now I see what you are doing. I don't use that module myself so I'm not very familiar with it.

From what I'm seeing there is no way to adjust the image size.

Sorry for the confusion but this topic is better answered by someone that is more familiar with that module.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can only do it by editing the underlying template file. Do you know HTML?

This article How can I customise a built-in web gallery?  is customising something else, but you would follow the same method.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dabble in HTML.  I'll look at the article you suggest.  But how does that affect the exported images (the jpg files)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because you will be setting the parameter(s) for the dimensions of the exported files. Search for 1200 and replace with what you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 09, 2020 Aug 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue. This seems like a setting that LR should enable in the Output Settings. I changed the  galleryinfo.lrweb file settings:

["photoSizes.large.width"] = 1200,
["photoSizes.large.height"] = 1200,

from 1200 to other values (2000 and 1440, respectively) and it seems to have worked. So thank you John!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RichardFlack  wrote

I dabble in HTML.  I'll look at the article you suggest.  But how does that affect the exported images (the jpg files)?

There is nothing you can do about the previously exported image size. Once exported, once a New File is created at a smaller size than you really wanted, you can't up res them. The only thing you can do is Re-Export from the originals and specify a larger pixel dimension.

Personally I would skip that Web Module stuff. Export normally, specifying the pixel dimensions you want, and save in a folder that you can then upload to your web gallery website.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im not trying to alter the exported images (that doesnt make much sense as the html to dive the web allery wold have generated around 1200 pixels), just ensure they are exported correctly (and the html code matches) in the first place.

Yes, "Plan B" is to use the Library export, rather than the Web export; but then I have to use the Joomla web gallery to display the gallery and that means I miss some of the other stuff from Lightroom like captions etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 28, 2019 Jan 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I have hacked my way through this.   High-level its easy.  But there are a couple of wrinkles.

1.  Export the Web gallery

2.  Rename gallery/images/large to something like  gallery/images/large0  as a backup

3.  Using the same collection, do a File/Export ... gallery/images/large.  Make sure to use just {Filename} in the output filename in the export settings.

4.  Adjust filenames of any virtual copy images (see below)

5.  Edit the index.html to change with  largeWidth and largeHeight parms in the LM.images var near the bottom of the html code.

I wrote a Python script to do step 4.   It just uses PIL to read the larger image sizes; reads the index.html and updates with width and height parms and spits out an index2.html.   Sounds easy peasy.  Well almost.

When that is checked out that all is good, rename it  to replace the index.html

Now for the wrinkles.

1.  The files don't get written in the same order, so the Python code has to use dicts or use some other way do a lookup to match the file names correctly

2.  If the collection includes virtual copy images, they get named differently by the two exports.

Web export:   image1234_1.jpg

Library export   image1234-2.jpg

So the those files need to be renamed

3.  Just an icky detail but the parms are quoted strings and there's some whitespace etc so the parsing of the html is a bit grubby.   Actually the html syntax looks a lot like a Python dict but I couldnt get Python to convert the string on the fly, I seem to have to do it the hard way.

Now I have images that fill the screen.  Yay!

Thanks for all the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2020 Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I know, there is no way to do this in Lightroom.

The easy solution is to replace the large Web Gallery images, with images at the size you prefer.

1) Export the Web Gallery. The web gallery images are split into 2 folders for 'Thumbnails' and 'Large', in the 'Images' folder. (The large images are approx 1200x800px)

2) From your Library, export the same images normally to a size you prefer, into seperate folder. For example, 750px tall at 72dpi. The Export filename should just be the original filename, same as the filename used in the 'Large' folder.

3) Move the images from this export into the 'Large' folder to replace the images there.

Now check it has worked by opening the index.html in the Web Gallery.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2020 Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I read a few articles on sites like Hoomaan, but none of them answered my questions. Does anyone know the answer to my question?

please answer.

My question is thaT

how i can customise built_in web gallery?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2023 Apr 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here is the procedure I followed and it worked great!

1. su - root (you'll nneed the root password)
  2. cd /Applications/Adobe\ Lightroom\ Classic/Adobe\ Lightroom\ Classic.app/Contents/PlugIns/Web.lrmodule/Contents/Resources/galleries/
  3. cd to the gallery you want to modify (ex: LR-Gallery-Track.lrwebengine).
  4. vi galleryInfo.lrweb (to use vi editor)
  5. Change the the following lines: [“photoSizes.large.width"] = 2000, and [“photoSizes.large.height"] = 1440,  
  6.  Save file.

This needs to be done for each type of Gallery (here I modified the Track Gallery)

Hope this helps someone.

--Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines