• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I stop emails to me about Lightroom prerelease updates

Explorer ,
Jan 26, 2018 Jan 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm currently enrolled in the program, but no longer interested.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 27, 2018 Jan 27, 2018

If you are a Beta tester there is a specific forum for that and I don't think it is this one. So you would need to Log In to that Beta Test forum and deactivate the email notifications from there.

Also when you signed up and got approved to be a beta tester you should of received an email with links to the beta forum and to download the beta software. There should of also been a link to Opt Out of the test program.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 26, 2018 Jan 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most programs I've been in you turn on email notifications in their forums, so you'd need to log back into it and turn off notifications there.

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 27, 2018 Jan 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for trying.  But after fairly thorough exploration, I wasn't able to find any forum-specific preferences/actions/settings.  The preferences drop-down menu does have a global option "Receive email?", which I just turned off.  However, all of my notices come from: "Adobe" <noreply@adobe.com>.  I suspect the notices are generated from a separate email distribution list that has nothing to do with the jive forum software.

While exploring, I did come across a customer support area which steered me to a community forum about forums.  That didn't strike me as a productive path (the blind leading the blind).  So I tried actual Adobe Customer support.  Alas, the first screen popped up a spinning circle and "One moment while we gather your account information". After 5 minutes of spinning, I decided that wasn't currently working (and I didn't have an ad blocker on).  I'll try it again on Monday, during normal working hours.  If that still won't work for me, I'll just live with the Adobe spam.

If someone connected to the Adobe Prerelease program sees this, perhaps they can have me removed from the Lightroom Prerelease mailing list.

Thanks,

Dan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 27, 2018 Jan 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are a Beta tester there is a specific forum for that and I don't think it is this one. So you would need to Log In to that Beta Test forum and deactivate the email notifications from there.

Also when you signed up and got approved to be a beta tester you should of received an email with links to the beta forum and to download the beta software. There should of also been a link to Opt Out of the test program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 29, 2018 Jan 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks,

In looking for a solution, I somehow landed up on this public forum.  The Prerelease area does have a web form which I just used.  It is accessed by a blue link on the bottom right of screen: "Site Support".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2022 Dec 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

https://www.adobeprerelease.com/

Sign in via your Adobe credentials and use the above link to manage your pre-release areas.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines