• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I stop lightroom classic (Mac) from downloading photos from iPhone even when I disabled it?

Explorer ,
Dec 13, 2022 Dec 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The basics: Lightroom 12.1 on Mac Ventura 13.0.

Veteran Lightroom Classic user. I sync some collections from LR Classic to the Adobe Cloud.

Recently got  anew iphone and I didn't realize when I installed Lightroom on the phone, the option to upload all the camera roll was on (it's called "Import" in the app settings). I found out that this was on when LR Classic on the Mac was downloading thousands of iphone photos. 

I stopped cloud syncinc on LR Classic. Turned this setting off on the iphone. Also went ot the Adobe vloud website and deleted all those iphone photos.

Well.... every time I turn sync on on LR Classic, it still wants to download those thousands of iphone photos! I have no idea what to do next; could it be that somehow things on the cloud are out of sync and even though I "think" that those photos are not on the cloud they still are?

Has anybody seen something like this before?

Thanks

Igal

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Dec 13, 2022 Dec 13, 2022

That's a very bad option!  I don't want to delete them from my iphone.

I finally figured out that there were still synced photos on the cloud left from the iphone. So I had to search for all of them (heic, jpeg, etc), and painstakingly delete them from the cloud using this info on each picture where you see where it was uploaded from

Screenshot 2022-12-13 at 8.59.05 PM.png

I wish Adobe had a better search engine on their cloud (Adobe: are you listening?). i.e., searching where the photo was upploaded from.

After doing this for a few hu

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic only downloads the images it finds in Lightroom when the sync is turned on. I think this is a fantastic feature myself.

If it is downloading a bunch of photos you don't want, I recommend deleting them from Lightroom on your phone before you open Lightroom Classic on your computer. Also check the Lightroom preferences on the phone to make sure it isn't still automatically uploading from the camera roll.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's a very bad option!  I don't want to delete them from my iphone.

I finally figured out that there were still synced photos on the cloud left from the iphone. So I had to search for all of them (heic, jpeg, etc), and painstakingly delete them from the cloud using this info on each picture where you see where it was uploaded from

Screenshot 2022-12-13 at 8.59.05 PM.png

I wish Adobe had a better search engine on their cloud (Adobe: are you listening?). i.e., searching where the photo was upploaded from.

After doing this for a few hundred more, sync is now fine , back to how I had it before.

Hope this case helps someone else too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines