• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I stop Lightroom from automatically applying lense corrections?

Explorer ,
Jun 28, 2021 Jun 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried creating a master preset and setting it to default in edit > preferences. I turned off lense corrections but it still automatically applies a lense correction for my camera every time I import photos.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Just to make sure that the preset itself is working properly, have you tried applying it to a picture that already has lens correction? Does it turn it off, as it should?

Michael

Michael Niessen - Photographer, photo-editor, educator ([moderator deleted the URL from the signature. Kindly note that URLs in the signature may be considered as spam])

Photo-editing (Ps/Lr/LrC) and photography workshops & one-on-one training (off- and online)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it does not

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this is from a mirrorless camera, I don't think you can turn off the lens corrections. What camera?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it is a mirrorless, canon eos r6. Is it really impossible?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That may not be related to the "preset", many Mirrorless Camera models have lenses that require lens corrections and the info is contained in the Raw file to be applied when processing. Lightroom Classic will apply the corrections at import, there is no option to turn off this feature.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no settings or preset or correction I can make to change this? It is a mirrorless camera. I like the "distortion" of the lense because I often play with perspective in my photography. That doesn't seem to make much sense to me. I only use lightroom to look through and sort my photos and then edit in photoshop. Are there any other programs (adobe or otherwise) that are good for sorting through your RAW photos and making selections? Everything LR does in terms of "developing" it seems like photoshop can do the exact same if not better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are there any other programs (adobe or otherwise) that are good for sorting through your RAW photos and making selections?

Bridge might suit your needs.

Michael

Michael Niessen - Photographer, photo-editor, educator ([moderator deleted the URL from the signature. Kindly note that URLs in the signature may be considered as spam])

Photo-editing (Ps/Lr/LrC) and photography workshops & one-on-one training (off- and online)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You posted "it is a mirrorless, canon eos r6. Is it really impossible?"

Archie have a look at the article available at the link below. The Lightroom Classic update had some changes to how the built in lens profiles was applied to selected new Mirrorless models, check if it applies to your model.

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/whats-new-in-lightroom-classic-9-4-cloud-3-4/

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

only use lightroom to look through and sort my photos and then edit in photoshop. Are there any other programs (adobe or otherwise) that are good for sorting through your RAW photos and making selections? 

So, you ate not using LrC to manage a database (catalog) of your photos. And you are not using LrC to edit metadata. And you are not using LrC to edit appearance (Develop)

You use it to cull thru images.

Sounds like you need to acquire a Media Browser meant for photos, to cull, to manage metadata, to rate, etc.

Might want to consider Photo Mechanic

https://home.camerabits.com/tour-photo-mechanic/

also see:

https://www.organizingphotos.net/tips-cull-culling-photos/

and:

https://windowsreport.com/photo-culling-software/

Other members, comments? Other programs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will look into those thank you! I import the photos and make selections then I edit them individually in photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Preferences> Presets after you select your preset with 'Enable Profile Corrections unchecked' click on 'Create Default' as shown below. It works for me using a Canon EOS R6 CR3 file.

Create Default.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 14, 2023 Aug 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know tis is an old post but that is a terrible default. If you use a fisheye lens it actually automatically flattens the image and you lose the effect of using a fisheye. Lens correction in lightroom should always be something you have to consciously turn on IMHO. 
Much thanks to Todd for the workaround.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2023 Nov 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

agree 100% !! 

Please Adobe make it possible to unckeck automated lense correction somewhere in the right menu. 

I didn't know I needed it until I use another raw editing software and "discovered" my not corrected raw, and found out I prefered it almost always uncorrected. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2023 Nov 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Todd Shaner , 

I hope you are still around. I tried to do what you suggest

- I created a dummy preset with only exposure check (at 0), and all the rest unchecked , including lense correction unchecked

- and in preferences, I applied it to override default adobe global. 

but there is something I must be doing wrong. So far, I still have the little annoying "automated lense correction applied" thing.. 

Could you check my screenshots and let me know what / how I can modify my settings to make it work ?

I hope you or someone can help me out. 

(it's in french - I hope you can see from context what it wrong with my settings) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines