• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how do I transfer aperture to lightroom?

New Here ,
Jan 27, 2017 Jan 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to transfer my aperture library into Lightroom but have no idea how to do this.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 27, 2017 Jan 27, 2017

In Lightroom, go to File > Plug-in Extras > Import from Aperture Library. Select the location of your Aperture library and choose a new location for your images. Click the Options button if you want to change any settings prior to migration. Click the Import button to start the migration.

Read the full article here:

Make the move from Aperture to Lightroom - Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 27, 2017 Jan 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Lightroom, go to File > Plug-in Extras > Import from Aperture Library. Select the location of your Aperture library and choose a new location for your images. Click the Options button if you want to change any settings prior to migration. Click the Import button to start the migration.

Read the full article here:

Make the move from Aperture to Lightroom - Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2022 Aug 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help,  I see several references to a link titled 

"Make the move from Aperture to Lightroom - Adobe"

but it isn't working.  can amyone help by pointing me in the right direction and maybe answer a few of my questions?

i have 30,000 aperature images in raw and many have been edited to my liking.  How do I import the raw and edited images and are the edits preserved?  i am getting frustrated as I can't even get my files into LR... and I don;t want to make a mistake by being frustrated and moving quickly.

please help!  And thank you in advance, Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"i have 30,000 aperature images in raw and many have been edited to my liking.  How do I import the raw and edited images and are the edits preserved?"

I highly recommend that you use the third-party program Avalanche to do the transfer.  The built-in Aperture/iPhoto Importer Plugin is quite buggy -- you can search this forum and others for lots of others' experiences.  Many have reported very good experience with Avalanche. Their web site can be a little frustrating (too much eye candy, not enough information), but several have reported here that their support is very good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assisted one of my LrC trainees with the process built into LrC. He had about 160,000 images in aperture. The process went on for several days until there was a power failure in his work area. Once power was restored and LrC restarted, the process continued and completed successfully with nothing lost. The entire transfer from Aperture to LrC of the 160,000 images took more than a week, however.

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"The entire transfer from Aperture to LrC of the 160,000 images took more than a week, however."

Right, that's one of the bugs.  If you break the library into separate libraries with no more than 5 - 10K photos each, the total import time will be much faster.  (The plugin was programmed with an inappropriate algorithm that takes time proportional to the square of the number of photos in the library.)  Avalanche doesn't suffer from that bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines