• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I upate Lightroom Classic version 8.1

New Here ,
Jul 10, 2022 Jul 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded Lightroom Classic and found that it is version 8.1. I recently bought a Canon R5 camera and my older version of Lightroom does not recognize the R5 RAW files. I now find that the Lightroom Classic 8.1 does not import Canon R5 images.

On Lightroom Classic 8.1 I click on Help->Updates... and I get a Microsoft Windows message saying 'You will need a new app to open this auphd link". Which does not suggest or point to a new App.

How do I update to the latest version of Lightroom Classic? And what do I need to do to import Canon R5 RAW images?

Thanks

Nagendra

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your operating system version NUMBER?

Although you say you have downloaded Lightroom Classic 8.1, you don't say whether or not you have purchased a subscription to the Photography Plan from Adobe. Do you have a subscription to the Photography Plan? Where did you download Lightroom Classic 8.1 from (you can't download it from Adobe)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response. I am running Windows 10 (Build 1904). I downloaded the trial version of LR-Classic. I am a long time user of LR and own LR (version 6.4.1).

I have managed to update from 8.1 to 11.4.1. It took a while to understand how to upgrade and it is not intuitive. It would help if Adobe improved the documentation on the LR-Classic download page, clearly stating that the download version is superceeded and needs to be updated (and here is how to update).

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is NO "download' page for Lightroom-Classic. All 'downloads' and installs are done using the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App.

And having installed the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App, it will now have converted your v6.xx to a 'Subscription' version that may end as a trial in 30days, which may be a problem for you, unless you do continue and take out a subscription to the Photography Plan.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 11, 2022 Jul 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response. I am running Windows 10 (Build 1904). I downloaded the trial version of LR-Classic. I am a long time user of LR and own LR (version 6.4.1).

I have managed to update from 8.1 to 11.4.1. It took a while to understand how to upgrade and it is not intuitive. It would help if Adobe improved the documentation on the LR-Classic download page, clearly stating that the download version is superceeded and needs to be updated (and here is how to update).

Thanks

By @nph2go

The only Lightroom Classic download Adobe offers is 11.4.1. You did not explain where you got an earlier version from, it wasn't from Adobe, and so that is the problem (rather than it being Adobe made it complicated).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2022 Jul 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have owned versions of LR since it was launched in ~2006. I signed up for the trial version of LR-Classic a few days ago, and clicked on the link that was on the page where I signed up. A file was downloaded to my downloads folder on my computer and I double clicked on the file. As the update progressed, LR-Classic (version 8.*) was launched. Also there was no Creative Cloud installer on my desktop anymore. It may have crashed during this launch. If there are logs you want me to check, I am happy to do this.

The version 8.* did not import Canon R5 RAW files. JFYI - I don't keep track of the latest versions of LR and I did not know that 8.* was an older version.If it had worked for me, I would'nt have bothered. 

I then looked at the Adobe and other sites for more information on LR-Classic and R5 RAW. I tried Help->update which did not work. Which is why I posted on this forum, which has been of no use, a acutally a pretty bad experience.

I resent your suggestion (and accusation) that I got a version of LR-Classic from somewhere other than Adobe (and their website). Do you work for Adobe (or it's support organizations) - if so, contact me thru my profile.

Thanks,

Nagendra

Finding no useful information in responses, I downloaded a new Creative Cloud installer which then updated LR-Classic from 8.* to 11.*.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines