• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I use a collection of photos in LrC to make a book using Mimeo.

New Here ,
Sep 03, 2021 Sep 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am new to Lightroom , the Develop mode is great but the catalog and collections don't seem intuitive.

I prefer the colours in Mimeo after seeing a Blub book. So I'd prefer to keep using Mimeo.

Can i use the Book section in LrC. or how do I export my photos into Mimeo.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have never used that service. I haven't produced a photo book for several years. The last time I did produce one I used a company that doesn't interface with LrC. The process I used was to export JPEG images to a folder on my computer and then use the software provided by the company to create the photo book. I suspect that will be the workflow you will need to use in this instance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks JimHess I appreciate your prompt answer.  

It seems that I have to export the folder ( or can it be a collection) onto Desktop on my macBookpro then put that into Photo on the Mac.

I have been told during a recent lesson that I shouldnt try to combine Lightroom Classic with something like Photos as that is when problems start. I am very confused.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a Windows user so I don't know anythinng about Photos on the Mac. But if you have edited the images in Lightroom, and have them looking the way you want them to look then it seems to me that all you need to do is export them to a folder on your desktop. Now, whatever you do with that folder of images from that point on would be whatever process you normally use to create your photo books. You will need to export the images from LrC. Otherwise the images will not have the adjustments that you made, And may not be in the appropriate format needed for creating the photo book.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a Blurb user (~15 books). A quick look online suggests to me that Mimeo simply requires you to upload your photos to the Photo Book creator interface. (unless you can tell me more about options)

In that case you would simply [Export] your edited files from Lightroom-Classic to a folder in your computer. From there you will upload them to the Mimeo interface.

Do not import these (newly exported) files to Mac Photos- that will just add complications.

If you want to involve the Lr-Classic Book module, you can design your book in the Book module then [Save] your book pages as JPG files. These JPGs are then uploaded to Mimeo. A problem I see with this is that the Blurb Book Page Sizes and ratios may not match with the Mimeo Page Sizes- meaning the JPGs from a Blurb File export will not eactly 'fit' a full-page in Mimeo.

I believe (my simplified view) your workflow might be-

-In LrC assemble the photos you want for your Mimeo book in a standard Collection.

-Edit the photos in the Develop Module to your (color) liking.

-Select all the photos in the Collection and Export them to a local folder. (Use Size and ppi suitable for book quality).

-Upload the photos to Mimeo......

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2021 Sep 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for those suggestions I will finish working on my photos and report back to tell you how it went. That all makes sense to me now. 

I do app reciate how detailed your responses are and the effort you all go to to help a beginner. it really is appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 04, 2021 Sep 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A followup comment-

I see your first post states- "I prefer the colours in Mimeo after seeing a Blub book."

Considering that Blurb is not considered to be a Commercial quality printer, my personal experience is that all my ~15 books have been entirely to my satisfaction in color. It is most important that our screens are calibrated/profiled. preferably with a hardware device like 'Datacolor Spyder'. If you are not editing with correct screen colors then you can never expect to see books and prints that look 'great'.

But in the 'end'- The freedom of Choice is a privilege.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 05, 2021 Sep 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Using a collection is a good idea.

Once all the selected photos are in the collection, put the photos (using drag & drop) in the order you them to appear in the book. Verify if your order is coherent with the book you want to create by moving thru all the photos in view mode. This somehow "simulate" the reading og th photo book. Once satisfied with the order, export all the photos of collection using a reneme preset to add a counter infront of the file name.

This will make your jpeg's appear in the file exporer in the same order as in the collection, which will make creating th book much easier and faster.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines