• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do you update your photoshop edits to show in Lightroom?

New Here ,
Jul 31, 2022 Jul 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried saving, but the edits didn't show up.

Thanks!

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which "Lightroom" Version?

"saving" - How exactly?

"didn't show up" where?

If in LrC Grid View- What is the 'Sort Order' set to?

Are you viewing a Smart Collection?

Do you have any Filters active?

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ohh... it showed up.  it didn't update what i was on in Lightroom, but it does show under "Recently added".  shouldn't it update what i was already working on though?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You did a round trip from raw to PS back using Edit in Photoshop and after the edit in Photoshop, you selected "Save"?

You opened an original from LR in Photoshop, did some edits, and selected "Save"? 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, i just checked and it showed up.  it didn't update what i was on in Lightroom, but it does show under "Recently added".  shouldn't it update what i was already working on though?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 01, 2022 Aug 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

" shouldn't it update what i was already working on though?"

That depends!

-If you were working on a raw (proprietary) image file in LrC, then when you [Edit-in] Photoshop- Photoshop has to create a new TIF or PSD (as per the LrC External Editing preferences).  The original raw cannot be edited (modified) in Ps.

-If you were working on a pixel based image in LrC (JPG, TIF, PSD)  then you would see a dialog to choose the 'Original' or a 'Copy' to 'send' to Ps when you [Edit-in] Ps. Only the 'Original' (JPG, TIF, PSD) sent to Ps in this instance will allow it to retutn to the LrC Catalog without creating another file.

EDIT IN PHOTOSHOP ROUNDTRIP

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines