• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How I fixed tethering my Nikon D500 and D850 in LR Classic 11.2... in case it helps anyone else...

Explorer ,
Mar 13, 2022 Mar 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hadn't tethered my Nikon cameras to Lightroom for some time - possibly not since 2019.
When I tried to tether my D500 and D850 (separately), Lightroom hung for both cameras at the "Detecting Camera" window - repeatedly - including trying two different cables and three different USB-C to USB adaptors.

I tried the cameras on an older computer running LR Classic 10.3 (on MacOS Mojave) and they both tethered successfully (as they had done in 2019)

Back to the computer with LR Classic 11.2 (which is an Intel MacBook Pro 16" running Catalina 10.15.7)...

I found a post in this forum indicating that I should enable the Nikon Tether Plug-in (using Lightroom File/Plug-in Manager).  But the Plug-in was already enabled.

Here's what worked, and I don't know why:  

1) Disabled the Nikon Tether Plug-in in the Lightroom Plug-in Manager.  Closed Lightroom

2) Reopened Lightroom then Enabled the Nikon Tether Plug-in.  Closed Lightroom

3) Reopened Lightroom and tethering works.

Hopefully this can help someone else struggling with the same problem.

Don

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 18, 2022 Mar 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Don for posting this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 18, 2022 Mar 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for sharing Don 🙂

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines