• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How long will 12.6.2 MacOS be supported?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2023 Jan 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, having a 2015 imac with the macOS Monterey 12.6.2 operating system, how much time do I still have to be able to use it in the future on this operating system?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 05, 2023 Jan 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OS depreciation is governed by the OS manufacturer. There are no set schedules. 

At the October 2022 update, support for 10.15 (Catalina) was dropped. In 2021, support for Mohave (10.14 was dropped. That is typical of the pace in the past. 

Extending the math, and while not a given, support for MacOS 11.x is likely until October of 2023. That makes MacOS 12.x supported through October of 2024. 

Of course, all future changes are speculation and subject to changes. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply.currently i have new ventura os and my mec is from 2017 year,i hope i can use lightroom clasic as long as possible,thank you so much for your reply

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You will be at the mercy of Apple and their support of their 2017 Mac for their current OS is going to be the biggest factor. When Apple stops updating your Mac's OS to the latest version, you would generally have about 2 years of Adobe compatibility before you would not meet minimum spec - but as always subject to change. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forgive me but in the main request, I didn't include that I also own a 2017 Mec. Thank you very much you have been really helpful for my doubt.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines