• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How long will it work my version of the app ?

New Here ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic 9.1
Windows 7

I have an old DELL Precision 4600 with W7 installed. In spite of the generous tech specs (32 GB RAM, 1 TB SSD) I could never upgrade to W10, because Microsoft deemed my laptop not suitable for the upgrade due to unknown reasons. 

So here I am, with a Lightroom Classic 9.1 installed (I missed the upgrade to 9.4, the last one accepting W7, nor I know how could I get now that last upgrade). 

Recently I couldn't use the application for some days due to connection issues. I discovered later I could not connect due to a switch from SSL to TSL by Adobe and I fixed it: W7 supports TSL, but it is disabled by default. I tinkered a bit with the registry and now it works again. 

I think I will not change my laptop until next spring or so. How long is my current version of Lightroom Classic (9.1) supposed to work? From now to then do I risk to find myself without a working version of  Lightroom Classic due to some further move by Adobe (like their switch from SSL to TSL)?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?