• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How many cores/processes will LR use to generate 1:1 previews?

Contributor ,
Feb 17, 2023 Feb 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I generate 1:1 previews LR uses all the cores (12) and processes (24) at 100% for my AMD 3900X system.  I see measurements for 1:1 preview generation for 32 core and 64 core AMD systems that show they both generate previews at the same rate.  That implies not all 64 cores are being used at 100%. 

How many cores/processes will LR use when generating 1:1 previews?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see measurements for 1:1 preview generation for 32 core and 64 core AMD systems that show they both generate previews at the same rate

I believe you've answered your own question.

FWIW, Adobe seems to be leveraging the GPU more with each major release and building previews should be an ideal beneficiary of GPU acceleration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

But the person who made the measurement claims that all 64 cores are running at reduced speed.  I find that hard to believe.

So the question remains.

I am seeking information from someone who actually knows.  There are lots of posts on-line from people who claim to be experts but who really are speculating or just making up stuff.  Does anyone have reliable information?  Has anyone done a reliable set of measurements?  Has Adobe ever revealed any information on this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines