• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to access RAW files and catalogue saved on HD with a new copy of LR Classic

New Here ,
May 11, 2022 May 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MY 2017 21" iMac was running way slow so took it to Apple store Genius Bar where they wiped it clean ( including LR ) and installed new Monterey OS. MY 72000+ RAW images and the LR catalogue were saved on separate HD. I have now downloaded a new LR Classic. How do i access the saved images and catalogue on the HD with the new LR Classic?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

LEGEND , May 11, 2022 May 11, 2022

I assume you also installed Lightroom Classic, but you didn't actually say that.

Using your operating system, find the catalog file that has been saved on a different hard disk. Double-click on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , May 13, 2022 May 13, 2022

HI: Thank you, your suggestion worked, but the LR-C is missing the user presets for brush and gradients. Where would they be?

You tell me. Were they on your old hard disk, before it got wiped?

I also tried something before I got your advice. I used "import" on the new copy of LR-C to import the images from the hard drive, resulting in a many hours DL of about 500GB so I assume it brought in the RAW files but I can't find them. If I do find them should I delete them?

So this is a different catalo

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
May 11, 2022 May 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume you also installed Lightroom Classic, but you didn't actually say that.

Using your operating system, find the catalog file that has been saved on a different hard disk. Double-click on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2022 May 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI: Thank you, your suggestion worked, but the LR-C is missing the user presets for brush and gradients. Where would they be? I also tried something before I got your advice. I used "import" on the new copy of LR-C to import the images from the hard drive, resulting in a many hours DL of about 500GB so I assume it brought in the RAW files but I can't find them. If I do find them should I delete them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 13, 2022 May 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI: Thank you, your suggestion worked, but the LR-C is missing the user presets for brush and gradients. Where would they be?

You tell me. Were they on your old hard disk, before it got wiped?

I also tried something before I got your advice. I used "import" on the new copy of LR-C to import the images from the hard drive, resulting in a many hours DL of about 500GB so I assume it brought in the RAW files but I can't find them. If I do find them should I delete them?

So this is a different catalog that you created before you got my advice? I think you can delete this catalog if the old catalog is working and only if the old catalog is working. Re-importing photos into a new catalog is never really a good thing to do. Before you delete this catalog, it will tell you where the photos are (right click on a photo and select Show in Finder or Show in Explorer) so you can delete the photos too, but again before you do any deleting, you have to be 110% sure these are not the same photos that the working catalog is using.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2022 May 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're right they werev on the HD---luckily I'd saved my user generated presets for general adjustments but for some reason didn't think to do it for the brsuh adjustments I had created.

On your second point--I'm still working up my nerve to do the suggested deletion.

Thanks again for your help and apologies for the delayed response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines