• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to add a folder to the "source" panel from "import" window

Engaged ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry...this is probably dead simple and I'm just missing it. 

We use Sytist for clients to order images from a Sytist online gallery. When a client places and order for prints, from the sytist page, we can download the images ordered so we don't have to go and pick and choose them from the clients image folder. It saves a huge amount of time for us.

All of these images download to my download folder which I then import to Lightroom so I can layout the prints. Everytime though I need to go and navigate to my download folder. How do I get my download folder to be permently added to my list of sources in the left hand column of the import window.  

I'm using a PC

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

You can't actually set a specific folder in the left hand column, however if you click on the "Select a Source" header at the top of the left-hand column you'll get a list of recent sources, so it's likely that the Downloads folder will be pretty near the top and you can directly select it from there.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First off, I do not know if you can have the Download Folder be a perminent option in LRC.

HOWEVER, here's a possible alternative approach:

1) Be in Library and have your viewing option as the Grid mode. 

2) Take your Download Folder and drag it OVER the images in Grid mode

3) This will then go into Import and then you do have to select which folder for the images to go into.

Will this work for you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Gary...yes this works but it's a few more things to have to do instead of just having a way of always having access to that folder in the "source" area of the import window. It is simpler to just navigate to it as Jim Wilde has suggested here. I find it odd there isn't at least a "favorites" tab. I do a lot of production photo work where you have to repeat things over and over again and any little shortcut or elimation of a click here and there really helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't actually set a specific folder in the left hand column, however if you click on the "Select a Source" header at the top of the left-hand column you'll get a list of recent sources, so it's likely that the Downloads folder will be pretty near the top and you can directly select it from there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jim...this is actually how I currently have been accessing the download folder. Unfortunately, you still need to do a bit of navigating to it and it isn't just there on my first click. I can see "desktop", "my pictures" and "my videos" but I need to go to "other sources..." to navigate to the download folder. I suspect it isn't normal that people are importing images from the download folder over and over again. Yeah...I know there are other workarounds but it would be nice though if I could simply add it to my list of sources.  I really though it was just something I couldn't figure out because it seemed like a no brainer that it would be something you could do in LR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Does the Downloads folder not appear near the top of the "Recent" list below those 4 fixed items?

Another way, assuming that the Downloads folder still exists in the Folders Panel in the Library module, would be to skip the Import and go direct to the Library, right-click on the Downloads folder and select "Synchronize Folder"....in the resulting dialog check the option to "Show Import Dialog" and that will give you the standard import routine with the Downloads folder already selected. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines