• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to Click and Drag photos to an existing collection

Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2010 Nov 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having such a hard time adding several photos at once to an existing collection. Not sure what I'm doing wrong as I am following the insturctions. First I select all the photos by clicking shift and the 1st photo, then I select the last photo. All photos I want to add are highlighted. But I can't drag all the photos at once. When I try to drag, the 1st photo is only selected. What is are the correct click, drag and drop key strokes to get it right?  Dragging and dropping one photo at the time is just not feasible.

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

People's Champ , Nov 12, 2010 Nov 12, 2010

Monia,

I think what you're being caught with is that you have to drag and drop the image from the center of the thumbnail, and not from the gray border.

Beat Gossweiler

Switzerland

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2020 Oct 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.  I wonder why you Must drag from the center of the photo.  Seems strange.  Thanks again. Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 04, 2020 Oct 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not necessarily the Center of the photo but from the Photo itself and not the gray boarder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2020 Nov 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well that's been driving me mad so thank goodness I found this answer. Thank you very much. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2023 Feb 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here it is, 2013, and the problem may have gotten worse. (Just speaking from my limited experiece.) Now, thanks to b_gossweiler's answer I now know to drag from the photo, not the gray border. Cool. Problem now is that when I try to drop it on the collection IT DOESN'T GO!!!!! It's taken my two days to find this answer and in the meantime Adobe has "fixed" things so that it doesn't work. I'll acknowledge that the problem may ba a "flaky chip in the operator" but I suspect the problem is that Adobe is less than perfect when it come to the human interface part of their products. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Here it is, 2013,"  Is this an old reply? to an 'old' thread?

Anyway- Two things must apply:

1) Drag photo/s from the thumbnail image (NOT the grey border)

2) Look for the multipage icon that appears on the faintly high-lighted Collection that allows you to Drop the photos in that Collection.

2023-02-06 10_40_48-Roberts Catalog-v12 - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic - Library.jpg

Working on a project- I prefer to make a Collection the "Target Collection" and then keyboard [B] can add  (And subtract) all selected images to the "Target Collection".

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are probably dragging to a "Smart Collection"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines