• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to back up Profiles and Presets

Explorer ,
Nov 20, 2021 Nov 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to know if I am doing my backups correctly when it comes to Presets and Profiles.

1) Presets - I right click on one of them - show in explorer/finder - go up to the folder (settings folder) I copy it on a Harddrive and rename it "presets backup"

2) Profiles - I right click on one of them - show in explorer/finder - go up to the folder (ImportedSettings folder)  I copy it on a Harddrive and rename it "profiles backup"

I know it may sounds stupid but I am always afraid to lose something along the way or that if I have to re-import them then lightroom will maybe not reconize/link them in the edits I already made.

Thank you in advance 🙂

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 20, 2021 Nov 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I use the Store Presets with Catalog option in prefs. Then my presets and all my LR related data, and all my images on a dedicated drive are super easy to backup and clone. I don't like that at least on Mac, they live deep in the "System Folder". 

DCP profiles are a different story unfortunatly. They don't but should have a similar option. So I simply make a Symbolic Link to the folder where they reside so a copy of them is also on this one drive and again, they all get backed up, every night while I sleep to both the Cloud backup and another HD. At least on Mac, I use Chronosync. 

And NO you are not stupid to be afraid of losing your important data. Be it your catalog, presets, profiles or images. Having all this on one dedicated drive makes cloning that drive to others a snap. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 09, 2021 Dec 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Tnx a lot for the answer ! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines