• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to completely disable unnecessary and creepy face recognition in lightroom classic

Contributor ,
Jul 28, 2022 Jul 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I opened up the library panel and deceptively, I got two options for face recog, 

1 was to allow it permanenetly 2 was to allow it "as necessary"

there was no other option so I clicked the latter

How I regret that as now its constantly scanning my folders everytime I open the app. 

I know I'm asking volunteers for advice but please consider I have already tried the most basic attempts such as "pausing" the face detection which does absolutely nothing, and deleting meta data. 

I'm looking for some settings either in the open or hidden to dispense with this creepy voyeristic malware inflicted upon my computing 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 28, 2022 Jul 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is no "permanent" way to turn this off. Like any other software, you have options you can set, none of which are "permanent" as you can change the setting of the option.

You can turn it off by clicking on the Name Plate (top left) and then selecting Face Detection to "paused". Naturally, this is not "permanent" because you can turn it on at any time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines