• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to create automatically a table with thumbnails AND titles and descriptions fields columns

Community Beginner ,
Jul 15, 2021 Jul 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I would like to know if it's possible to create automatically a table with thumbnails AND titles and descriptions fields columns, from a folder, in LR. If it's not, is it possible using Photoshop or Bridge? I need the text fields to be real text, allowing copy/paste. Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 15, 2021 Jul 15, 2021

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 15, 2021 Jul 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A Plugin-

http://lightroomsolutions.com/plug-ins/list-view/

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 16, 2021 Jul 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got the plugin. It works pretty well but I am not able to keep the thumbnails after List View export. For some reason, they are not exported in csv format. I am on Mac and use Numbers. Not having the images in the table is too bad. I think it's possible, according to the documents on their website. Is it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I cannot be of more detailed help as I am not familiar with "Mac -Numbers" or ListView other than a short test. You mayh need to contact John Beardsworth direct.

Be aware that creating the thumbnails for the export can take some time.

2021-07-17 08_40_25-List view.jpg After clicking the 'thumbnail' icon- watch the Export progress bar (top left of LrC screen) as the thumbnails are created.

Then an Excel Export successfully placed image thumbnails in an .xls document-  After a short delay!

2021-07-17 08_40_36-List view.jpg2021-07-17 08_40_57-Microsoft Excel - List View.html.jpg

I don't believe that a CSV file can contain images.

I could also export as a .HTML web page from Excel.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually I can get a csv file, by clicking on the 3rd icon on the right. Me too I don't think that a csv file can contain images. When I export the images with the button on the left, List View puts the thumbnails in a separate folder. Then I click on the 2d button that is supposed to generate xls files and I get HTML file instead. I can't have a .xls file at all. With or without images. So it seems that the plugin doesn't work the same way on Mac. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just saw that I have only 3 export icons when List View website shows 4. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 17, 2021 Jul 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, it works exactly the same way, generating an HTML file (not an XLS) with thumbnails and telling Excel to open it.

What no longer works the same way is Excel on Mac, as the current version of Excel on Mac can fail to open HTML as it used to do and won't import the thumbnails.

I suspect the version of Excel is important. I just tested it on a new Mac with Big Sur 11.4 and Excel version 16.51 and got the thumbnails. So it looks like Microsoft figured their way around Apple changes. What versions are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello John, I use Catalina 10.15.7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Numbers is not able to open html files, at least on this version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

And I don't have Excel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines