• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to delete all the RAW images with 0 stars without deleting the JPGs in a folder

Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2022 Mar 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to delete all the RAW images with 0 stars without deleting the JPGs in a folder.

My folder has the JPGs and RAW images side by side.  I sort the folder by file type (becuase I can't seem to say show me RAW files only).  I then say only files with 0 stars.

I can now highlight the 1st RAW and the lasr RAW and delete.  BUT, will my JPGs remain?

Thanks.
Just did a safari with the new Nikon Z and the JPGs are so good there is no need for these RAW files.

TOPICS
macOS , SDK , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How?

Use a metadata search filter-

2022-03-08 11_05_51-Roberts Catalog-v11 - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic - Library.jpg

"will my JPGs remain?" Yes, JPGs would remain- IF THEY ARE VISIBLE in the Library view. 

If NOT visible with all filters cleared (IOW Imported as sidecar files only) then Yes, they (sidecar JPGs) will be deleted.

Why?

Many would suggest the opposite- Delete the JPGs, and keep the Raws.

Storage is relatively inexpensive. The Raws contain far more information than JPGs (8bit compressed!). You can always make JPGs from the Raw.

But it is your choice.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can also make a smart collection if you want to filter all the images.

File Type is Raw

Rating is less than (no stars).

And indeed, I'm with Rob: Delete the JPGs, and keep the Raws.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you everyone.  In the past 20 years I have always saved all my RAW images.  This time around the jpgs are so good that I did not need a single RAW file.  That said, I get it, and I was going against my normal flow and instincts. I will keep the RAW.  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines