• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to delete Watermarks from LRC 12.1 MAC OS Ventura 13.1

New Here ,
Feb 05, 2023 Feb 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After scouring the net for tips on how to delete unwanted Watermarks, I actually found it within LRC. It's pretty easy and straightforward. Probably works in Lightroom as well.

- Launch LRC

- Go to Settings

- Click on the Presets Tab

- Under Location, click the "Show All Other Lightroom Presets" button on the right. A new Finder window will open to "Library->Application Support->Adobe->Lightroom. In the Lightroom folder/subdirectory, scrole down to the Watermarks Folder and click on it. There you will find all your Watermarks.

-Delete the ones you no longer want!

-Close and relaunch Lightroom

-Ta Dah!!!

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 06, 2023 Feb 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great news that you were able to remove the unwanted Watermarks, although next time it might be easier to remove them using the 'Watermark Editor' as shown in attached screenshot.

Note that you must first select the watermark text in window before the remove option becomes available in the context menu.

Untitled-2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting! I looked at it and yes it seems pretty easy, but none of this information was apparent of a web search even in LRC. Thanks Ian for the guidance!

I did find it easy to batch delete a number of experiment watermarks as listed in my post. Both would get it done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree that there is a dearth of information/guidance regarding Watermarks on the web in general, but Adobe's own documentation does provide a whole sentence here https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/lightroom-classic/help/using-watermark-editor.html

Not really much help without a screenshot though, and even then the watermark must have been preselected before 'Delete' and 'Rename' are listed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 21, 2023 Feb 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you do if you do not have the option to "Delete preset" on the drop down? I have about 15 watermakrs I need to delete, two of them gave me the option to delete and the others do not. I have even tried going into different catlaogs with no luck. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 21, 2023 Feb 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just found the solution after playing around more. I have to update each preset before it will allow me to delete them. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines