• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to find and delete multiple videos

New Here ,
Feb 02, 2023 Feb 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 0ver 500 videos in Lightroom and I need to get rid of them to free up some spece.  How do I find my videos, select and delete them.  I have triedd selecting 'collections' but it does not let me delete!

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click on "All Photographs", select Grid view, then use the Library Filter Bar (press the back-slash key "\" to expose the Bar if it's not being shown). Choose File Type for the first column and you can then click on the Video entry. That populates the grid with all your videos, and you can select and delete them from there.

August2019_Personal_Catalog-v12_lrcat_-_Adobe_Photoshop_Lightroom_Classic_-_Library.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[This post contains formatting and embedded images that don't appear in email. View the post in your Web browser.]

Or select Kind: Videos in the Attribute section of the Library Filter bar:

johnrellis_0-1675343759018.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2023 Feb 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great, thank you - worked a treat!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To add to the good advice to set the Library filter for video, before doing that set the source by selecting one or more folders in the Folders panel, not anything in the Collections panel. The reason is that if you press the Delete key when a folder is the source, an alert will appear that offers to delete the actual file, not just its entry in the catalog database.

I have triedd selecting 'collections' but it does not let me delete!

By @Terence52

If the selected source is in the Collections panel, it won’t offer to delete the actual file because collections are virtual lists, like a playlist in a music app. Delete removes only the file’s entry in that collection, not the file itself.

There actually is a way to delete actual files when viewing a collection, but it involves a keyboard shortcut I haven’t memorized and it does it without an opportunity to confirm. So it’s safer to delete original files while viewing a source in the Folders panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines