• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to get LR Classic to retain (file name) sort order

New Here ,
May 04, 2022 May 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While working in LR Classic 11.3.1 I sort images by file name. When I reopen the catalog, it reverts to capture time sort. The file structure is Session -> Photo Date -> Product Number. I do a lot of work rearranging and renaming images across many hundreds of product number folders. It is highly frustrating to reopen a catalog to see folders that I know that have worked on revert to capture time sort. This greatly slows my workflow and adds doubt as to what has been worked on. I’ve worked with LR since to close to the beginning and this issue only seems to have shown up with in the past year. Is there a way to assign (force) file name sort as a default.

Thanks

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 11, 2022 May 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this;

Make sure you have selected "All Photographs" then View->Show Toolbar and select the sort criteria of File Name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 12, 2022 May 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The sort order should stick, so this is not normal. Try resetting the preferences: 

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines