Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to hide subfolder?

Explorer ,
May 01, 2021 May 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

does anyone know how to hide the subfolders in the library?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 01, 2021 May 01, 2021

"To have a better overview, I want to hide the subfolders, so that I can only see the pictures that are in the main folder."

Make sure the menu command Library > Show Photos In Subfolders is unchecked.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no way in Lightroom Classic to specifically hide folders or photos. You could create a filter that only shows the desired photos and not the undesired photos, and then use that filter, but even then, Ctrl-L will turn off the filter and the undesired photos will show.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DJ is correct, this cannot realistically be done.

Can you explain what your objective is? There might be a viable solution but not until we know what you're trying to do can anyone really help on this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[This post contains formatting and embedded images that don't appear in email. View the post in your Web browser.]

If you don't want to see the subfolders in the Folders panel, then click the triangle next to the parent folder:

johnrellis_0-1619883385523.png

johnrellis_1-1619883410802.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sorting a very large collection of different Photographs. I move the photos in different subfolders, so like that

Main folder
- Subfolder
- - Subfolder

To have a better overview, I want to hide the subfolders, so that I can only see the pictures that are in the main folder. I hope also that Lightroom will be faster because Lightroom doesn't need to manage so many pictures.
I know I can mark the pictures with different colors, but that doesn't help, the number of pictures is always the same, and when I add new pictures from the scanner have to check all the pictures again and again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"To have a better overview, I want to hide the subfolders, so that I can only see the pictures that are in the main folder."

Make sure the menu command Library > Show Photos In Subfolders is unchecked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, you are my hero, I have looked at the menu a lot of times, but I have not seen this feature. 🙂 🙂 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines