Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to import iPhone photos AND the original video

New Here ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

recently I started importing photos from my partners iPhone and I am struggling with the way how Lightroom Classic handles the import.

When I take photos with my Android phone or with my DSLR I always create a JPG and a raw format file. So when Lightroom imports my images (Android/.dng or DSLR .raw) it will only ever show the raw images in my library. This behaviour absolutely makes sense to me.

However, iPhones create .mov files and a corresponding .jpg file. When I am importing these into my LR Classic library, it only ever shows the .mov file, but not the .jpg. I still want to keep the .mov file but I want the actual image to show as well. I tried switching of the "don't import suspected duplicate" import function without success.

Can anyone help me with that? Would be much appreciated. My partner took a lot of photos of our latest addition to our family and at this point all I got is a library of .mov that I can't really share with anyone unless I delete and re-import. (And I don't really want to delete the 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?