• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to import only protected photos (with the key button) into Lightroom

Explorer ,
Mar 06, 2022 Mar 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a question about importing protected photos that I have locked in my camera with the key button. I work with a Nikon D850, but I assume there are other cameras where you can 'lock' photos in this way.

The photo below is from a fellow photographer and apparently she can see these protected photos when she wants to upload them through a card reader.
I import my images directly into Lightroom via a USB cable between my computer (Apple) and my camera. I work with XQD memory cards and don't have a card reader.
Does anyone know if there is a way to see in Lightroom which photos are marked with the key so that you can only import these?Schermafbeelding 2022-03-06 om 14.55.52.png 
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LrC does not differeniate between protected and unprotected photos before or after import. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ian, thanks for your response. So there is no other option to import the protected files from my camera? Maybe with another program and an import afterwards in Lightroom? 🤔

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not directly into LrC. However, you should be able to import them into a Finder folder such as your friends by directly connecting you camera to the Mac then use 'Image Capture' (see Mac Applications folder and below screenshot). When images are imported into Finder you can delete/move those you don't want, then import the rest into LrC

Untitled-1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2022 Apr 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I asked my self same question and find that importing all photo and then delete the import does the job for me , protected photos can not be deleted in batch in Lightroom somehow 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines