• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to install Canon Print Studio Pro in Lightroom Classic and Photoshop

Community Beginner ,
Apr 01, 2019 Apr 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are some helpful instructions for you Windows 10 users. I had a really hard time trying to figure this out and since Canon doesn't want to write proper instructions on how to install this software I did the job for them. So here it is. Let me know if you have any problems.

ADOBE LIGHTROOM CLASSIC INSTALLION GUIDE

-Download the studio pro driver https://www.canon-europe.com/support/consumer_products/products/printers/inkjet/pixma_pro_series/pix...)

-This is a type of zip file open and install it.
-When it asks you for a folder to install it into pick the MODULE folder in Adobe Lightroom Folder.

-Once installed go to the MODULE folder where you installed the plug-in.
-once the module folder is opened scroll down and look for PSETUP or PSETUP2 file.
-Click either file to run the plug-in installer
-After you click next you will need to select a folder inside Adobe Lightroom (the MODULE Folder) to install the plug-in to.
-Once you select the folder then select Lightroom under the Compatible Application section then hit next.
-Exit once complete.

-Now open Lightroom and test. (you must have a catalog open to see if this works)
-click on file then select Plug-ins, then you should see the canon studio pro option.
-Open to make sure it works.

ADOBE PHOTOSHOP

-Start the plug-in software from the previous location.
-If you are installing only for Photoshop, once you download the software install the Plug-in in the ADOBE photoshop folder.
-Once the software is installed open the folder location where it was installed then scroll down to the file name PSETUP or PSETUP2
-Click on PSETUP or 2, when the software asks for the specific location for the plug click the browse button.
-Find the Photoshop folder inside the ADOBE folder, then select the PLUG-IN folder then click select.
-When you get back to the main selection, select photoshop, then hit next and you're done.

-Now check in photoshop by selecting an image and opening it in photoshop.
-click on file, then automate, and there you should be able to see the Canon Studio pro option.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got the plug-in running in Lightroom from the following folder:

Capture.JPG

I had it running in Photoshop at one time, but every time Photoshop updates the folder has to be copied, and I finally quit bothering with it. Frankly, I don't know why anyone really wants to bother with Print Studio Pro. There's nothing magical about it in my opinion. It's easier to print from either Lightroom or Photoshop, and there is more flexibility in either one of those programs then there is in PSP. The Canon instructions are really poor. I had to mess around with things for a while before I got it to work, and I can't tell you now what finally did work. PSP still works in Lightroom, I think. But if it ever stopped working I wouldn't worry about it. It doesn't enhance my workflow at all.

Incidentally, the path I am illustrating is on Windows 10. I'm sure you'll be able to tell. But, just in case....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a new user and after several hours I got PSP to work as a plug-in in LR Classic CC. Guzman07's instructions are good but a bit more (or less) is required. Guzman07's link to download the driver is good. However, the MODULE folder referenced by Guzman07 is confusing because LR contains several such folders but named 'Modules'. I found my existing plug-ins at \Users\myname\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom\Modules but I was not able to save the output of PSETUP/PSETUP2 at that location...so create a new folder wherever you like and direct the output to that folder.  PSETUP/PSETUP2 will create a new folder in the folder you select with the name 'CNPSPPILR.lrdevplugin'.  Having done this you must add the plug-in to LR by using the Lightroom Plug-in Manager: click Add and navigate to the CNPSPPILR.lrdevplugin folder.  This worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 05, 2019 Apr 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2019 Jun 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solution presented worked perfectly. Thanks for the instruction.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 03, 2019 Nov 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of a sudden the plug ins are not working in either PS or LR on imac High Sierra.  I downloaded agin and they show up as plugins but then I get an error message..."THE DESTINATION FOLDER FOR THIS OPERATION IS MISSING. /Library/Caches/Canon/PrintStudioPro/PrintStudioPro_LR_TEMP"   H.E.L.P.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 03, 2019 Nov 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it working after many attempts at install.  Have no dia why it worked now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2020 Jan 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

followed everything I got an error occurred while copying files

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings from California,

Thanks for taking the time to reasearch and post this, however, it's not working for me. If  i'm reading this correctly it's stating to install CPSP into LR itself (When it asks you for a folder to install it into pick the MODULE folder in Adobe Lightroom Folder) then to install the plugin into the same folder (Once installed go to the MODULE folder where you installed the plug-in.
-once the module folder is opened scroll down and look for PSETUP or PSETUP2 file.
-Click either file to run the plug-in installer
-After you click next you will need to select a folder inside Adobe Lightroom (the MODULE Folder) to install the plug-in to.) I did try this and the plugin would not install. I then reinstalled the program into the default destination and the plugin into Modules folder in LR. CPSP showed up in LR and opened but gave me the notice that the printer was offline (which is was not) I tried various places to install the plugin but still not working and getting the same message. Any thoughts on this? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will repeat myself, but you won't believe me. You are better off just learning to print from Lightroom Classic. I have compared prints from Lightroom Classic and from Print Studio Pro. That plug-in really has nothing special to offer. It just adds overhead to your computer to accomplish the same thing that Lightroom can do. But, knock yourself out. I suppose some users just have to use it because it's there. Don't mean to be rude. But I have found that I can have better control of the print job by using the LrC print module. I have PSP installed, but I never use it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2020 Oct 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok guys,  this is great stuff,  but I am really now confused.   Granted I finally pulled myself out of the darkroom into this.  Is there just a step by step,  instruction so that I may use my Canon directly from lightroom?   I would really appreciate a dummies guide to connecting my Canon pro printer to Adobe lightroom.   And if I could even pick the paper profiles from there I would be so thankful!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines