• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to keep custom color profile when exporting catalog ?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First... forgive me for my bad english 😉

I use Xrite ColorChecker Camera Calibration pluggin to create custom color profiles for my projects.

Custom color profiles are stored in (Win 10) 

C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CameraRaw\CameraProfiles

The issue I have is that in my workflow I switch  between my laptop and my desktop (either by making a raw copy of my catalog or by exporting my "working folder" as an independant catalog. Both methods have the same issue, the custom color profile is not "included" in the copy or the export. So when I open the catalog on the "new" computer, the custom profile is "assigned" but missing. (of course because lightroom is looking for it on the local drive at the path described earlyer...and the profile file is on the "first" computer

I hope you understand what I mean. Is there a way to "include" automatically custom color profiles that are in use when exporting a catalog to another computer ? Is there a way to "bind" a color profile to a picture it has been assigned to, so that the profile file is included in the export ?

thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I understand your question. I am not sure what you mean by exporting a "raw catalog" or "working folder".

THe XRite camera profile needs to be in the Lightroom settings at the system level. SO you would need to copy that custom profile folder to the second computer, then start Lightroom. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

First and easiest (with some real advantages) if you work with DNG, the profiles are embedded into the DNG with lots of other useful data. DNGs will allow you to work with multiple copies and all the good stuff is embedded into that DNG. So you are 'binding" the profile and all the edits, a preview of the edits etc, into that DNG. 

Or simply move the profile to both locations where you work AND backup (clone) your catalog and all necessary settings (presets, along with the profiles) to the other machine. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines