• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How-to: keep different developments (e.g. different crops) of the SAME imported picture

New Here ,
Sep 23, 2022 Sep 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

simple question, difficult issue for me. 

When I have imported pictures in LrC from my harddisk, and created a file (with all pictures being seen at the bottom), how can I make MULTIPLE DEVELOPMENTS of the SAME PICTURE and KEEP THEM ALL in LrC prior to export them all in the native file on my harddisk ? How can I name  each of them so I can keep them all (separatly) in the LrC file ?  Thanks in advance for your help. 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Create virtual copies in LrC. One for each crop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alternately, you can create Snapshots of each crop.  Develop Module - LH Panel - Snapshots

Use Virtual Copies if you need to see the thumbnails of each version simultaneously. If you don't Snapshots are more portable. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rikk, Many thanks ! 

I will use Virtual Copies as I'd like to see the thumbnails. 

Now, when I want to SAVE all these virtual copies with the export button (and create "real" copies on my harddisk), how does LrC operates the naming of each of the copies ?  Do I need to provide input in a special way ? 

Thanks again in advance. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a good starter article on virtual copies: https://jkost.com/blog/2019/07/the-power-of-virtual-copies-in-lightroom-classic.html 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

THANK YOU VERY MUCH Rikk !  This is exactly what I was looking for ! 

This video is great. 

Have a good day ! JP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines