Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

How to make my back-up media drive the primary media drive?

New Here ,
Jun 12, 2021 Jun 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to make my back-up media drive the primary media drive?

I use LR Classic 10.3.

I have only one catalogue for all my photos on the internal drive of my IMAC.

I have 2 identical external drives for media: LR Media 1 (default, the primary one I use) and LR Media 2 (back-up of LR Media 1)

LR Media 1 has just died.

Can I simply change the name of LR Media 2 to LR Media 1 ?

Then, it seems to me, that when I launch Lightroom the pathway will still work and all will be as before.

Thanks in advance, AL

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jun 12, 2021 Jun 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That should work fine provided the file structure is precisely the same on each disk. If that doesn't work, assuming all your photos are in folders under one Master Photos folder, on the Master Photos folder with the question mark, right click and use the find missing folder function to point to the new drive.

Kenneth Seals

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2021 Jun 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks KR Seals.. It seems logical to me.

I just needed some affirmation before I get myself in a mess!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines