• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How To Move Photos to LRc from new iPhone?

New Here ,
Oct 30, 2021 Oct 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've already established that I'm one of many victims of Adobe's latest upgrade spree.  I'm on an elderly iMac that I can't upgrade beyond High Sierra, I've got LRc 9.4 installed and I've got a shiny new iPhone 13 pro max that now won't automatically synch the photos I take with it to LRc, so I'm trying to find a way to get them there.

My friend who is on a windows machine says he just plugs his iphone into his computer with a usb cable and when he selects Import and then his iphone as a source it shows his images and he can import them.

This sounds simple enough even for me but I can't quite get there.  When I plug in my iphone I can select it as a source for importing (left hand column) and then when I go to the iphone itself and open its photos folder the desktop displays all of the photos on the iphone except for the most recent ones, which are displayed only as icons labeled 'jpeg'.  I have discovered I can click on these icons and the photos they represent (?) will import into a LR folder I designate but that is really flying blind, so to speak.

I'd really appreciate some help as to why this is happening and how to solve it.  I was really happy with LRc and my iphone until this happened but I guess.....well, nevermind. I'm retired and was looking forward to enjoying working on my photos until this happened and I don't presently have the wherewithal to buy a new computer.  I remember when I was young and had film Leicas and a Leica enlarger in my darkroom that never had these modern mandatory upgrading problems.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Updating:  It appears my impatience may have got in the way.  I just tried this manuever again and all of the images on my iphone showed up in LRc on my desktop.  It appears that due to some kind of magical cross-pollinization I now have 2500+ images on my iPhone.  I'm afraid to delete any of them there b/c of where else they might be deleted so I just didn't wait long enough for the LRc desktop import view to fully populate.

Live and learn!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines