• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to open/use Lightroom or Photoshop if there is no Internet?

Explorer ,
Jul 16, 2021 Jul 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello to all.

A few years ago, I was traveling on a boat throughout Indonesia at very remote places where there was not any connection to the Internet.

I also realize that in order to use any of Adobe applications, they must communicate through Internet back to base. An agent told me that I can sign in while my computer still connected to the internet and all should be fine. But, he added, I can not restart my pc. Which often is impossible to do for a very long time.

What can be done in such cases when for a long period of time there is no connection to the internet?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 16, 2021 Jul 16, 2021

Two things, first, how long without Internet? The subscription does not need constant Internet in order to run the programs. It does need occasional Internet access to authenticate your account status (paid up?). This occurs every 30 days, but a grace period is accounted for in case of lack of Internet,  If you pay yearly, the period is 99 days, if monthly, 30 days.

see:

https://helpx.adobe.com/ca/creative-cloud/kb/internet-connection-creative-cloud-apps.html

Second thing. The Adobe Creative Clou

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two things, first, how long without Internet? The subscription does not need constant Internet in order to run the programs. It does need occasional Internet access to authenticate your account status (paid up?). This occurs every 30 days, but a grace period is accounted for in case of lack of Internet,  If you pay yearly, the period is 99 days, if monthly, 30 days.

see:

https://helpx.adobe.com/ca/creative-cloud/kb/internet-connection-creative-cloud-apps.html

Second thing. The Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App (ACCDA). If you sign out, then the programs get deactivated.  To re-activate them, you need to sign back in, and that requires Internet. So do not sign out.

Mind you, that is most certainly not the only thing ACCDA is for, it is just a point to remember.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 17, 2021 Jul 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, GoldingD, I appreciate your explanation, very helpful.

Cheers

Timur

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do these areas have cell phone access? Their are ways to connect computers to cell phones to access the internet via hotspots. Slow, but just to authenticate..

I understand a large part of that world have invested in cell phone communications as opposed to running telephone infrastructure to get their people access to communications.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, GoldingD, for your help. On my boat trip throughout Indonesia, we not only did not have the internet, but the cell connection was non-existent as well. But what I wanted to explore was if I paid for the annual subscription, is there is an internal clock embedded into an app that may keep allowing the program to run if the time of subscription did not expire yet. You can be on a plane,  for instance, with no internet available, and may need to work on your files. Thanks again.

Timur

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But, he added, I can not restart my pc. Which often is impossible to do for a very long time.

By @todivetoday

This is not the case, there is no need to leave the computer running,

I sometimes work offline for days or even weeks, and always turn my laptop off when I've finished working for the day.

The important thing is, as pointed out by @GoldingD  – do not sign out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Per Berntsen, for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the Adobe 'Help' page on this topic-

https://helpx.adobe.com/au/creative-cloud/kb/internet-connection-creative-cloud-apps.html

-Do Not Sign Out

Yes, but a hint TBMK- If you Sign-Out of the Creative Cloud Desktop App and then Sign-In while on-line (& check that Adobe apps are working), you 'reset the activation clock' so that you get the most of your off-line time allowed by your subscription payment method.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is indeed an important point. Sometimes the CC app does not check your license, because it doesn't have to yet. That means that your grace period can be 'used up' during a time that you do have internet connection. Then, if you start your travel, you'll find that the Adobe apps already start to complain shortly after your trip has begun! So on the day before you leave, sign out and in from the CC app to make sure that you'll reset your grace period.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you,  WobertC, for your help, I think I understand what needs to be done in order to keep my Adobe apps running while offline.

Cheers.

Timur

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, you were signing out . As I stated, do not sign out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not know, sir, if I was signing out or not. But now I am making sure that I am signed in into my account on the Adobe Cloud app and I am not going to sign off for a very long time.)

Thank you all for your help, I appreciate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In my humble opinion, We 'Sign-In' and 'Sign-Out' with internet web pages, but for Adobe Creative Cloud and Adobe Software, Adobe should have used the terms-

'Activate my Software' or 'De-activate my software'.

It would then have more meaning for understanding the 'Sign In out' procedures.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines