• English
      • Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

How to save my layout as part of a catalog?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2022 Oct 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very sinple: I want to save a simplified layout as part of a catalog. When that catalog is opened by another user I want then to see my customised layout, raher than being overwhelmed by the standard bombardment of irrelevent windows.

How is this done?

Many thanks

TOPICS
Cross-app workflows , macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean by "simplified layout"? 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you talking about a layout for print?

Which exact version of LrC are you using?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Classic 12.0.1

This is nothing to do with printing, just how the interface is displayed

Simplified as in none of the side panels, and just the Metadata library filter and thumbnails showing:

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The arrangement and visibility of panels and other parts of the interface are saved to the preferences file (not to the catalog) every time you close LrC. So I don't think what you want to do is possible.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Annoyingly, this does seem to be the case. A shame as this is standard behavior in other Adobe sotware.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You stated "When that catalog is opened by another user I want then to see my customised layout,"

When a Catalog file is opened by another used there will be a .Lock file created which prevents it for being accessed by another user.

Regards, Denis: iMac mid-2015, 5K 27”, GPU 2GB, Ram 24GB, HDD 3TB, macOS 11.7.1 BigSur,; LrC 12.0.1, Lr 6.0, Ps 24.0, ACR 15.0,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no requirement for it to be opened simultaiously by multiple users.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like the idea is for there to be the ability to save a catalog with all associated settings embedded so that you can send somebody else this catalog and images and have them work on it while retaining branding, logos, panel placement, etc. That would be neat indeed but not possible currently. Panels, etc. are determined by the users preference and not by the catalog.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 01, 2022 Nov 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What will the other users be accomplishing?

Creating develop module edits?

Just making comments?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2022 Nov 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does that matter?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 02, 2022 Nov 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Does that matter?

By @Steve5C12

Ok, perhaps a different approach at my inquiry

"I want then to see my customised layout, raher than being overwhelmed by the standard bombardment of irrelevent windows."

That implies  to me, that the other user is not even a novice LrC user. And makes me wonder if this is a team effort in editing, or a simpler collaboration via a discussion about the product.

So, does the other user open the catalog with their copy of LrC, then make edits? Or does the other user open the catalog and try to use LrC to just look at the photos, and provide feedback?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines