• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to set location for .dat files

Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2022 Aug 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just updated to Apple Mac Studio.   Now when I import images to my Adobe Lightroom cache .dat files are saving to the folder I am working on.  I never use to see these files and now I see they are created every time I access a file.  Can I stop this from happening?  If not, how can I change things so these files are saved somewhere else.   Where is the best place to save these files. Is it ok to delete these files?  

Thank you.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 23, 2022 Aug 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The default Camera Raw cache location and name on a Mac is Users/~/Library/Caches/Adobe Camera Raw 2. However, the folder can be located in other locations, if you prefer. Se attached screenshot for details. 

acr-cache-location.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2022 Aug 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you that is very helpful. I really appreciate your quick response.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines