Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to shut off Auto lens correction

New Here ,
Oct 18, 2022 Oct 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Hoping someone can help me out! I finally updated my Lightroom classic, and I'm noticing that no matter what I do, lens correction automatically turns on. In my editing process, I like to make this determination myself, and I can't seem to turn it off! While I know how to shut it off on each image, I'd like so that it doesn't do this automatically at all as it's killing my editing workflow to turn this off manually, each time. I shoot with a Canon R6, and from what I read Lightroom now does this for mirrorless cameras automatically.

Any insight is welcome!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the Canon R series cameras you can disable the correction during import or post import. Given your comments, the best option is to create a preset with the lens corrections disabled, then create a camera default using this preset as described at https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/lightroom-classic-set-defaults-for-raw-...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"from what I read Lightroom now does this for mirrorless cameras automatically."

What you were reading most likely doesn't apply to the Canon EOS R6.  

For many mirrorless cameras, the manufacturer embeds a lens profile in the raw file along with instructions to LR whether to apply the profile automatically and whether the profile can be disabled.  If the manufacturer so instructs, LR will refuse to disable the profile.

But the R6 isn't one of these cameras. The lens profiles are provided by LR and you have full control over whether a lens profile is applied or not and whether to enable the profiles by default (as described in the article referred to by Ian). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines