• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to stop automatic creation of sub-folders.

Explorer ,
Aug 08, 2022 Aug 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a new Macbook and downloaded the latest version of LR classic. When I create a folder e.g FOOTBALL 2022-23, and I then create a subfolder 1. Leeds v Wolves 6th Aug it seems that LR creates two more subfolders within that sub-folder that I do not want e.g 2022 and within that sub-folder another one is created e.g 2022-08-06. How do I stop these additional sub-folders being automatically created ?

Screenshot 2022-08-08 at 16.27.52.png

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please describe what you do when importing images to LrC, so full details, source images, Copy as DNG, Copy, Move or Add. Destination panel on right. 
Include a screen capture that shows the choices you have made befor you hit the import button.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See the screen capture, something like this would create what you experience.

Screenshot 2022-08-08 at 11.54.10 AM.png

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I have now found the answer which lies in the right hand panel of the LR import screen. I need to change the setting to "Import to One Folder"....that seems to have cured it. Thank you for your efforts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are welcome, you can tick the correct answer button it suites you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines