How to stop Face detection

Engaged ,
Sep 20, 2016 Sep 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I accidently started face detection and now I cannot stop it

I think I must had done some sort of keyboard shortcut when it started

I checked in catalog preferences- metadata- and the auto face detection was not ticked

I shutdown computer and restarted lightroom but it automatically is detecting faces

PEOPLE is showing on the bar under LIBRARY, DEVELOP

please help!

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Sep 20, 2016 Sep 20, 2016

I have fixed it !

What I must have done was accidently hit the '0' on the keyboard, which activated the face on the lower bar

I just unclicked the face and now back to normal

Thanks all for helping

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2020 Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just had this problem as well. Accidentally hit the "O" key and this face recognition started. NOT A HELPFUL FEATURE. Lightroom is a large program as it is and editing large photo batches is slow enough. The face recognition feature is not helpful and it slows down lightroom even more. Please Adobe, REMOVE THE FACE RECOGNITION FEATURE!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This feature is handy, to some, in some circumstances, I bet. It must be. But now, for me, it just wasted a good hour of my workday. Thanks Adobe (sarcastic[I'm sure I need to point that out])! Thanks for the community for showing keys in the dark till it hits the pay-dirt and I can on with my work day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2021 Dec 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simply go to the 'View' drop down menu and select 'grid' or whatever you chose to see in your library apart from 'people'. It is as simple at that. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2022 Jul 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Aidan, thank you. Finally a simple answer that actually worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 29, 2023 Jan 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With Photoshop and Lightroom if you set something by accident there is hell to pay.  It will remain wrong until some kind soul explains how to get back to normal.  A "reset interface" would be helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2023 Feb 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happened to me today and it's awful!  T didn't work, didn't see the little face.  Finally, View -> Show Toolbar worked and there was the blasted face.  I clicked it and i have my life back.   Terrible!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 19, 2023 Feb 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You’ve posted to a very old thread. It is highly unlikely that the issue described in this thread, though not impossible, is the same issue which you are currently experiencing. Rather than resurrect an old thread that is seemingly similar, you are better posting to a new thread with fresh, complete information including system information, a complete description of the problem and step-by-step instructions for reproduction. 

In the unlikely event the issue is the same, we will merge you back into the appropriate location. 

Thank you!

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines