• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to stop the LrClassicLogs folder being created in my Documents folder?

New Here ,
Jan 09, 2020 Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use my Documents folder (Mac) for my content and all other apps use other locations to store their data.

How do i stop LightRoomClassic from creating a LrClassicLogs folder in my Documents folder?

Seriously! Are they trying to irritate us out of Classic and onto their new version of LightRoom.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to the Lightroom Classic forum from Get Started

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any files in that folder? From my testing there aren't and this only happens on a Mac, not on a Win PC.

I suggest you visit the link posted above, voice your concern, then forget about it. There are more important thing is your life to concern yourself with than that LR folder, with or without files in it, in your Documents folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2020 Jan 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, LR Classic is creating a duplicate Documents folder under my iCloud folder. This is a littler more serious, since Finder now thinks the new folder is the default Documents folder, not the one that actually contains my documents. Both Documents folder appear at the same level under iCloud Drive.

Suggestions?

LR Classic 9.1

MacOS 10.15.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 01, 2020 Feb 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please show us screen shots of what you are seeing.

Is your Documents folder tied to your iCloud drive? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Documents folder is tied to iCloud Drive.

I reinstalled LRC, and the duplicate Documents folder has disappeared, with an Adobe folder underneath it. The remaining behaviour is the same: when I pull down the Finder->Go menu and select Documents, the system selects the Adobe folder, not the top-level Documents folder. I fear this will corrupt backup and syncing across devices.

Navigated from iCloud in Finder sidebar:

Screen Shot 2020-02-01 at 1.35.54 PM.png

Navigated from Finder -> Go -> Documents

Screen Shot 2020-02-01 at 1.36.55 PM.png

Result (notice path):

Screen Shot 2020-02-01 at 1.37.40 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right click on the Sidebar Documents and select Show in Enclosing Folder.

Screen Shot 2020-02-01 at 7.45.47 PM.png

That should take you your UserName folder under Macintosh HD/Users/YourUserName folder.

Screen Shot 2020-02-01 at 7.50.00 PM.png

If it doesn't then somehow the Document associattion has been changed.

I think you can Drag the Doc folder back under your ROOT Username folder to fix this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On further thought and looking at your screen shots when you use Go > Documents it takes you right to where it is supposed to go. To the Documents folder in your username folder on the Macintosh HD in Users. Look at the Path Bar at the bottom of the Finder window (Mac HD/Users/mickmacpro/Documents.

It is just that you do not have the Documents folder displayed in the Sidebar and you have List selected as the display (Viewing) option. Switch that to the Column view (one icon to the right of the list view icon) and in the Sidebar options, Finder Preferences, put a check mark next to Document to be displayed in the sidebar.

Screen Shot 2020-02-01 at 8.06.47 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In your first screen shot You have iCloud Drive selected and that is showing "A" Documents folder and in the Path bar it shows that you Are in iCloud Drive. So "You" moved or copied the Documents folder over to iCloud.

In the third SS it is only showing a few folders and no files in your Real Document folder. The LR Logs folder has a downword facing triangle meaning that folder is open and there is Nothing in that folder.

At the top it is showing Documents - Local. Which to me mean OS X/Finder knows you have 2 Documents folders. One local and one on the iCloud Drive.

Personally I would just shake it off and stop worrying about it. Go > Documents it taking you to exactly where it should. To your Documents folder on the Mac HD.

I think you have caused 99% of what you think the problem is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doesn't work that way for me.  Using Go/Documents takes me to the root of Documents.  Macos 10.14.6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure I understand the problem. Finder - Go - Documents should open your Documents folder, not just select it. And that is exactly what it does in your screenshot. The system does not select the Adobe folder. It shows that there is an Adobe folder inside your Documents folder, but nothing is selected.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine opens in the ROOT of Documents using the Go/Documents instead of a subfolder.  I would expect that should be the normal behavior.  In fact it goes to the Root of any folder I choose.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE: I've hidden the file and am using the time to researching alternatives to LR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 02, 2020 Feb 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good for you!

Best of luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2022 Apr 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem under the documents folder there are 2 subfolders Adobe and LrClassicLogs - what are these for and why are they messing up the documents folder.  If I delete them then they reappear when I start LR or Photoshop. 

Screenshot 2022-04-06 at 17.08.47.jpg

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 06, 2022 Apr 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

See this thread for an extended discussion:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-ideas/lightroom-classic-user-selectable-location-of...

In the last year or so, LR was changed to only create the LrClassicLogs folder when a log file is placed in it. At least on my computer, a couple of plugins, include Adobe's Adobe Stock plugin, are still putting their logs there.  You could delete the folder, and if you're not using one of those plugins, it won't reappear.

Many Adobe apps use the Documents/Adobe folder to record logs and settings, including "dynamiclinkmediaserver", the video-handling component shared by several Adobe apps including LR. 

Though it doesn't conform to Mac conventions, I think it's very unlikely that Adobe will change any of this. Adobe is far from the only miscreant -- I've got lots of apps that have scattered junk in my Documents folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines