Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

How to sync Smart Collections Lightroom Classic

New Here ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I'm fairly new to the game, so forgive me if this a basic question, but I'm not being able to sync any Smart Collections in Ligtroom Classic.

I've already created the collection, I have the sync turned ON, but I don't see the option to sync any Smart Collections. I've seen a bunch of videos on how to do this, but I can't find those settings on my software. Any suggestions?

I'm using Lightroom Classic v11 on Windows.

nijacha92_0-1635849953310.png

Thanks in advance!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Smart collections cannot be synchronized, unfortunately. Only normal collections (where you add pictures manually).

Hope that helps,

Michael

Michael Niessen - Photographer, photo-editor, educator ([moderator deleted the URL from the signature. Kindly note that URLs in the signature may be considered as spam])

Photo-editing (Ps/Lr/LrC) and photography workshops & one-on-one training (off- and online)

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could however look at Jeffrey Friedl's "Smart Collection Sync" plug-in: http://regex.info/blog/lightroom-goodies/smart-collection-sync

In his own words, it's a bit kludgy but it does work.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The Any Source plugin also provides syncing of smart collections.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines