• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to Uninstall and Reinstall LR Classic 11.0.1

Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2021 Dec 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently installed Photoshop Elements 2022.  Since that install I cannot get Lightroom Classic images that have been edited to open in the Editor portion of Elements 2022.  I get 2 errors: The file could not be edited because Adobe Photoshop Elements could not be launched AND One or more plug-ins are currently not available. 

I have tried numerous things, including downloading and getting the Camera Raw 14 into Elements Editor 2022.

I am hoping if I uninstall LR and restall maybe things will sync.  I am Windows 10.  When I click uninstall it asks if I want to keep LR Preferences, Plug-ins etc.  I would like to say No...........but wonder if that is the best choice.  Please advise.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find it very doubtful that uninstall/re-install of Lightroom Classic will make a difference here.

The problem is in Photoshop Elements, not Lightroom Classic. (Maybe that's what you should re-install).

Also, why use Elements when with Lightroom Classic you also have the full Photoshop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes.  It might be the Elements program.  And, yes I could try using PS which I am able to get.  But, I have some vision issues and the Elements Editor is less cluttered and easier for me to see.  Although I did think I could download it and see if that made a difference.  If not.................then.  I also like the Elements Catalog for the same reason, simple.  And yet I am a long time avid hobby photographer. I have not had any problems with prior versions.  And I love the new LR editing tools!

Thanks for your response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TBMK- You may need to un-install both Apps  (Ps-Elements & Lr-Classic), then re-install Ps-Elements first, then Lr-Classic, ikn that order.

Ideally this should make Ps-Elements the default [Edit-In] App.

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/open-lightroom-photos-external-applications.html

But your problem has existed for some years, and there have been work-arounds to set Ps-Elements as an 'ADDITIONAL External Editor.

ELEMENTS as Edit-in Lightroom

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your thoughts.  I have uninstalled Elements...........and downloaded PS full version.  But, I miss my plain simple Elements.  I probably will try your suggestion......I need a dose of courage!  I guess it can't get any worse than it is.

I know my files exist and I can always add them back into the catalog or library.  Very discouraging. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Don't be discouraged! And your files do not need adding back into the catalog!

A fresh re-install of Lightroom-Classic does NOT destroy or delete any LrC Catalogs you have created. When you restart Lr-Classic it will simply re-open your Catalog just as before.

Lightroom-Classic 'beginners' must know that the Catalog is a Database ( with a filename suffix of .LRCAT ). And in the same way that you can have many Documents for a Word Editor, you can have (many) Catalogs for Lr-Classic. (ONE ONLY is preferred, unless you have a specific purppose for more!) And just like re-installing a Word Editor that does not delete your Word Documents- a LrC reinstall does not delete your Catalog files.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines